[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re. Cap AC voltage ratings

Is anyone using those PP caps for 'normal' TCs (tank cap)? I've seen
people mention them for Tube coils, but not for normal AC transformer type
coils. I was thinking about testing with some for my neon powered 6" coil.
What is the cost like on those things? The Panasonic ones mentioned a
while ago seem simmiliar. I'd probably want to shoot for .02 uF 25KVAC+.
I'm using 15KV neons, 90 mA right now, probably 120 mA soon.

I blew a homebrew PE cap so I can't run my coil right now.. If the cost is
reasonable for something like this it would make for interesting
experimentation on my coil.. if they can take it. And it saves me time
building more caps. ;)

If nobody else has done it, I may do it anyway just to see what happens.
But judging by the types of people I see posts from arround the list I
think it's been done. Some of you tinker far more then I. ;)

Travis