[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1959 Electricity for Boys article

>Sorry if this is a repetition, but I've been off the list for a little
>while..... Anyway, I found a cool website with "Kitchen Experiments" for
>kids, amongst which was a Tesla Coil (?!). Its from a 1959 article in
>"Electricity for Boys" (US). Check it out.

>http://freeweb.pdq-dot-net/headstrong/ind2.htm

What a coincidence. That was the setup my son and I tried to build. ( see
hello from a newby ) I still don't see how it could work without a heafty D.
C. power supply ( car battery) and some kind of breaker point system to get
the ignition coil to output enough to greate a potential to arc across a gap.