[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Good Deal? SURE !!

"Sorry, but I HAVE built a Marx bank (multiplier) with a DC input.
Secondly, it depends on the size of the linear accelerator.
A university near us had a very small linear accelerator which
they dismanteld. This was powered by a 20kV transformer.
Also, after Bob mailed me that he had discovered the Leybold
stickers, I wrote (in my last email) that it probably was designed
for vacuum sputtering usage."

        Not to quibble, but sputtering is a gas-discharge effect, using
relatively low voltages (couple of kV or so) and high currents.

Ed