[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement current

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Glenn <gcerny-at-megsinet-dot-net>
>
> I find this thread most interesting. While
> not directly related to spark lenght, it has
> provided food for though about how energy
> transfers through  the media.
> My thoughts have been aroused.
> Please continue (I hope).
> Glenn

  Glenn,

It is unfortunate that your interest has been aroused as this topic is
really sort of off topic for this list and is more involved with
theoretical physics than Tesla coils (at least directly.)  I have
resolved to end my involvement where it stands.  Those seeking more info
might check out a number of thoughtful books on the matter.  My favorite
is " Newton versus Einstein" by Peter and Neal Graneau.  It can be had
for $19.95 postpaid from Cold Fusion Technologies, Inc, P.O. Box 2816,
Concord, NH  03302-2816.  Needless to say it is one of the few books
which explains the whole business from both an exhaustive historical
view point but also a scientific viewpoint.  It is a thrilling and
thought provoking read.  A scientifc adventure into the world of
electrodynamics of both the 19th and 20th century.

With this, I will sign off this topic on this list.  In spite of the
fact that there are a few coilers who are interested in the grander vista
of understanding associated with the physics of Tesla coils, this is a
builders list serv, and I am sure that Terry would wish others to follow
in this exodus from this specific thread.

Richard Hull, TCBOR

<<<< I was asked to let this thread alone since many respected people on the
list felt it was of interest.  This thread will stay active for now.  Although
it is pretty theoretical, it does have meaning to those that care.  This is the
kind of thing that stays on topic till it dies a natural death and does not
pose a problem of going haywire like some threads do... - Terry >>>>