[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Variac as sync gap tuner?

Hi Silvera,

Thanks for the photo. I like the idea of just lettng the sync "sync" and
driving the fixed electrodes. I am curious how you mechanically drove
the fixed electrode outer housings? I couldn't tell from the photo. From
what I could tell, you are using 1/8" tungsten in both the fixed and
stationary electrodes held in with brass fittings and have heatsinked
the stationary electrodes with circular fins. There appears to be large
bearings attached to a smaller disk which is bolted to the outer fixed
electrode housings. I just couldn't see the drive for these disks.
Possibly it's in the rear of the photo?

Thanks,
Bart