[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Elementary Lecture

  Richard, All -

  In your post below you said that "Maxwell created the myth of
"displacement current". What is your understanding of displacement current
in both conductors and dielectrics? Maxwell actually said "electricity
displacement" and also indicated this occurred in both conductors and
dielectrics.

  Could you give us more information on how a Tesla coil represents two
capacitor plates and how the transfer of energy thru the system takes place?

  The term "electrostatic" is not an outdated term today when it is used
properly. It is definitely a static electrical field as taught by present
day physics books. See my post on electric fields under "Tesla Coils and
Lamp Tests".

  John Couture