[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HV wiring

Hello everyone!

Just to let everyone know, my step son received first place at his science
fair and is advancing on to the regional science fair on March 27th.  We'll
keep you posted.

Also, what is it that most of you use as HV leads and wiring on your TC's?
Like the lines runnig from your Xfmr, etc.  On my step son's coil I used 12
ga stranded, insulated wire fed through vinyl tubing.

Another question I have is how do most of you run the wire from the top of
the secondary to the toroid?  How do you attach it?  Is each case
different?  The reason I ask, on my step son's coil we used a brass coated
door knob, the wire ran from the top of the form right to the center of the
upper cap and attached to the door knob.  The only problem was the corona
and arcs off of the wire before it got to the knob.  Is this a sign of
something else?

Thanks,

Kent