[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NST's and sync gaps: perfect together?

<<
> I suppose the big question now is: what inferences can we draw about
> the safety of a NST when run with a sync gap? It seems amazing that
> they don't blow - or has someone out there blown one with a properly
> sync'd gap?

> Malcolm >>

Malcolm, all,

It's always been my favorite view that it's not the voltage, but the RF
that kills the NST's.  So if the break rate is low, and the quenching
good, (not to mention the use of RF filters), the degree and length
of time of the NST's subjection to the RF might be acceptable, esp
for short run times.  I do think that long run times tends to destroy
NST's.  I do know that OBIT's are horribly fragile compared with
NST's, esp in resonant charging or even LTR-IK use.

I've also always had the view that NST's are expendable, if they
fail, no big deal, just buy some more used ones (in areas where
they're available)  ( I know this view is not too popular with some
list members).  Don't buy new ones because then they'll probably
surely fail  ;-)  I keep a stock of about 16 of them around in case
they decide to fail, but they don't.  If I had no spares, they'd surely
fail.  That's the secret, have spares which will stop the others from
failing...action at a distance?  Free energy?, Too much ozone?
Tesla madness?  Who knows?    :)

But theoretically speaking, perhaps the NST's will fail in time, after
all, they fail sometime even when used to light neon signs.

So to sum up; I don't know the answer, but they've survived all my
sync gap tests so far.

Cheers,
John Freau