[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla stuff for sale

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Doug Brunner <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> I've been looking at the .01uF, 80kV cap that was mentioned in the list
> of stuff for sale, and it looks about right for my installation. What I
> want to know is, how big is it, and is it a pulse discharge cap? If the
> seller or anyone else could clarify this, I'd really appreciate it.
>
> P.S. I'm still looking for a transformer design program, so if you know
> of one, or a source for blocks of ferrite, please tell me!
>
>             --Doug Brunner
>                 <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Doug,

I have reviewed this item with the seller. Based upon its size and
similarity to one I already have, this is a Mylar dielectric DC filter
cap out of an x-ray system, and it's really not suitable for RF work.
However, it would make a nice cap for an impulse generator, and the
price is reasonable.

-- Bert --