[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High volt. vs. low, also 60 bps re-visited

<<
> What exactly do we mean by high break rates and high powers?
> Also I wondered if anyone has any experience with magnetic quenching on a
> rotary gap as my current project requires some rather speedy quenching.

> Nick Field

Nick,

In the context of my recent work, high break rates means over 120bps,
and high powers means over 2kVA, but esp at 6 to 50kVA and up.

If you need magnetic quenching, you must be building a rather
unusual TC.  Why does your project require speedy quenching?

John Freau