[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Could titanium gaps be of use ?

My work throws away titanium scraps as trash, here are the dim's of the junk
bits.
Round type,  .213 (inch) dia. x .655 long. Annular grooved 3/4 of length .224
dia.
Round type,  .266 dia. x .729 long. Annular grooved same but .285 dia.
Round type,  .318 dia. x .775 long. Annular grooved same but .343 dia.
There is lots of junk like this...All the time. Then there is the threaded
type (not annular grooves) this comes in many lengths but only three dia,s
.249 dia.  .311dia
and .436 dia.  This scrap is more rare but it is a "throw away" from time to
time.
All this scrap titanium is alloy "6AL4V"  (6% aluminum, 4% vanadium, 90%
titanium)
If any of the group would like to try to make roto gaps with this junk I will
send it C.O.D. for free, just pay the postage. With my T.C. I am not that
far...(making the cap as we speak)
Denis Despins
E-mail Billeaver-at-aol-dot-com
Good day from KC6TRW