[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Photography

Terry,

I use a Minolta 400si with a 35-70 or 70-200 lense. It can do full auto or
manual. I would only use manual. Open the aperture up, set the shutter
speed for 1-2 seconds (only use a tripod), and use Kodak ASA 400 speed
film, and for best results use complete darkness, the coil puts out plenty
of light (shield the spark gap). If you need some light for safety then use
a small florescent. Some day I plan on trying 1000 speed film so I can get
faster shutter speeds, should show the individual sparks better. Brent
Turner's photos are quite nice, very artistic, but I am not sure of what
technique he uses. Just some ideas...

Regards,

David Trimmell

At 05:01 PM 7/28/1999 , you wrote:
>Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>Hi All,
>
>My pictures of streamers did not turn out well and I could use a little
>advise...

<<<snip>>>