[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformer question - over volting

Nick,
    I have 2 voltage correction transformers. Theey are for 480 to 240 or
240 to 120. I'm run them in a conficuration atat gets 480 from 120v. In a
test I placed them in series in the 120 to 480 configuration and took the
480 from the first one to about 2000v without problem. The second
transformer didn't seem to mind at all and didn't pull loads of current. The
small 1.25A variac I tested with putting 244v on let out a lot of smoke and
the windings darkened, but it still works fine. I only ran 244v on it until
my bench about cought fire however :)