[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: New Coil Questions

Thanks Terry.

I just tried this using a crude two bolt gap at 90° F and 40% humidity at
1000' elev. I started off with 3/4" and gradually reduced the gap until it
would consistantly jump the gap. Consistant meaning more than ten attempts
with no failures to arc. I got down to 5/8". This seemed high so I used a
variac to gradually increase the juice instead of just plugging it in. Same
results. I then took it into my air conditioned house. Same. With 9 gaps,
that works out to .07"/gap. Is that right? Seems kinda high, based on what
others have done.

thanx
Adam Minchey
aspid-at-netzero-dot-net