[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Grounding. Oh joy.

1. I have heard that it can be a good idea to epoxy a flat piece of copper
to the base of a secondary to serve as a ground terminal. Would a piece of
aluminum tape work also?

2. I have heard that I can use something vaguely like chicken wire called RF
Grounding Strap to ground the secondary. Where do I get this? THe local
hardware store? Home Depot? Or the ends of the Earth?

3. I have heard that I should not ground the secondary to a water pipe. Why?
I'd like to know, because I don't feel like diging a six-foot-hole when
there is an iron well in the backyard that goes a whole lot deeper than six
feet.

4. I have heard of coils "failing" when they are not properly grounded. Is
this failing as in "not doing anything," or as in "blowing up beyond all
hope of repair and forcing me to wind another three pounds of magnet wire on
another ten dollar PVC pipe?"

Thanks for advice.

-Yuri Markov
Who has heard