[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Auzzie coilers

Hi Michael,
There aren't many of us but I am in Melbourne.
Attached (see below) is a picture of my first coil I recently finished.
Powered by 3 neon sign transformers giving 15kv 120ma.
When you say terrible results, could you describe exactly what is happening?

When I first fired up my coil I couldn't get more than a 1 cm corona off a
nail attached to the toriod.
The coil was just out of tune.
If you are more than 1 turn out on your primary  tuning you probably won't
get anything either!

I used wintesla to calculate my coil and it worked out very well. I think
you can find it in the Tesla archives.
Anyway let me some details and I will try to help.
Kind regards,
David Hosking.
Pharmacist,Tesla coiler,Amateur Scientist, Pyrotechnician,Nerd & Weird Guy.

"Be very careful what you put into your brain
 because you  will never get it out again."

<<< The Tesla list cannot accept file attachments so I had to cut the
picture. - Terry >>>