[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary: flat or conical ?

In a message dated 7/20/99 9:42:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

 -   snip   -

>  Either way you choose to go, the results will be good.  One note though, if
>  you
>  make a helical primary, don't make it go more than 15% up the length of the
>  secondary, or you might experience some corona from the primary to
>  secondary.

Using my original 30 degree bowl shaped primary with my 6.0" diameter
secondary at 12kv   120 ma with all the lights out, I could see a very strong
blue corona between the primary and secondary which looked very much like a
blue Christmas tree.

Ed Sonderman