[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MOT's for sale, or advise for a MOT

Hey all,

	I was looking for something to help me out with these problems. I was
told at
every HV page I can recall that a MOT will trip my breaker when I hook it up
and
short it, well it doesn't, it makes a nice jacob's ladder. I was told this
advise form the
former owner of the MOT. Well, anywasy, just to make sure it's normal, it has
2
output wires coming out of the center, I was told these are not the input,
but rather
the output to power a lightbulb or soemthing. there are two other wires
coming out of
the primary windings (input), and the case and this wire coming out of the
top is the
HV terminal (right?) Ok, all I do is hook up the wires, then to a variac and
jacob's
ladder and it makes nice HOT arcs about 6" long at the top (considering the
curved
distance). When I hook it up to a capacitor bank of SW caps, it makes a 1"
gap
VERY HOT, and it melted a clotheshanger in maybe 2 seconds. Then the
microwave
also came with a 2400vAC .85uF capacitor. I hooked up that capacitor and I
got a
1/2" HOT, BRIGHT, BRIGHT arc. So then I had this idea to use that gap and cap
and
MOT for my coil. All I did was hook up one side of the gap to my coil and the
other
side of my coil to the capacitor (the way I had my old coil set up, but new
stuff) and i didn't even get one spark, not even 1/4, nuthin! Well, I will
have many of these MOT's coming my way, so if I get advise, I'll sell
"Cartman" -yes i named him (the MOT)- and my capacitor and find another
broken microwave. I'll be gone for like 4 weeks, so when I come back, I'll
read my personal mail, and then sell/trade/read...ect.

Too much Ozone <cough>

Thanks,

     Scott
-=LUGNUT=-