[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Morton Salt

"Morton" is just a brand name (perhaps just in the US?) for ordinary table
salt, NaCl.  For salt water caps, a saturated solution of ANY salt, any
brand, any grade, iodized, non-iodized, will work fine - NaCl, CaCl,
Magnesium Sulphate, etc.  The goal is simply to make the liquid inside the
bottle as conductive as possible.  As long as the salt is ionic, that's all
that matters - there is no chemical reaction involved.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

Original Poster: erik.beckhaus-at-t-online.de (Mein Name)

Hello Coilbuilders,

This is a cry for Help ! Can Anybody give me the formula of Mortons Salt ?
I am new to this group and still constructing my Tesla-Coil. I decided to
build
everything myself because it is cheaper.
I also decided to build the capacitors myself. I chose a saltwater-design.
The
salt which is used is supposed to be "Mortons-Salt".
I have no idea at all what Mortons Salt is. As I live in Germany I must know
the German name for it, but I could find no explanation at all in any of my
dictionaries.
If somone can give me the formula, or the name according to the UIPAC
standards, I will know what it is, and I will be able to detemine the German
name for it. Thanks in advance,

Regards, Erik.