[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ignition coil : mini tesla coil?

Jeff, All

I have used a solid state light dimmer circuit in series with a cap to switch
power to an ignition coil. This produces very good results and is a simple
circuit. You can get the light dimmer chips cheap, less than £3.00. I used one
rated at 6 amps. This was my first coil design and I used doorknob caps as the
tank cap - not that successful, but the ignition coil part worked fine.

cheers

steve crawshaw

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Jeff Corr" <corr-at-enid-dot-com>
>
> Only slightly understanding the construction of an ignition coil, could
> (or does) it represent a mini tesla coil.  I have been working on one and

SNIPARAMA

--
Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 27867352 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center: