[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: posting images & 2kW coil performance

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Alex Crow <user-at-alexcrow.clara-dot-net>
>
> With my 6.5" coil I now get 72" occasional sparks and a continuous power
> arc of around 55-60"  for 2kW of neons - anyone do any better or does
> this sound reasonable?
>
> Alex Crow

Hi Alex,

I was very impressed with the performance of your coil at the Telsathon.
No, I haven't got anywhere near 72" with my rotary gap coil,  but I
haven't run at 2kW yet.  I'll let you know.

I am interested in several aspects of your 6.5" coil.  Have you actually
measured the supply cord voltage and current at full power.  Also have you
got any idea roughly what voltage the cap bank charges too and roughly
what the break rate is ?  (I seem to remember it sounded quite slow ?)
What is the inductance of your secondary coil,  number of turns etc. ?

Sorry for all the questions,  but I really want to know the secret of how
to get 6 ft sparks !

(Please don't flame me if you already posted the spec before.)

				Cheers,

					- Richie,

					- In sunny Newcastle.