[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Variable Transformers For Sale

I finally got prices on the variacs (variable transformers) from the guy at
the salvage store.  Took me about a month and about 15 phone calls.

The guy did his home work before giving me prices.  He found out that a
variac costs $680.00 NEW so he wants $300.00 each for his.

He has 1 single unit, 2 two gang units with 2 variacs in parallel, 4 three
gang units with 3 variacs in parallel and 1 six gang unit with 6 variacs in
parallel.  These are all single phase units.

1. One variac rated 0-115 VAC input, 0-135 VAC output 45 amps = $300.00

2. Two variacs in parallel rated 0-120 VAC input, 0-145 VAC output, 100
amps.  He has two of these units.  $600.00 each.

3.  Three variacs in parallel rated 0-240 VAC input, 0-280 VAC output, 28
amps each.  He has 4 of these units.  Not for sale yet.

4.  Six variacs in parallel rated 0-240 VAC input, 0-280 VAC output, 28 amps
each.  He has 1 of these units.  Not for sale yet.

I have not been able to get part numbers.  The guy says if I want part
numbers I should come to his place and get them off the units myself.

The guy thinks he has a gold mine here.  He offered all the variable
transformers to several mail order surplus salvage companies for $5000.00
last week.  They all turned him down on the offer, now he is willing to sell
them to someone else.

I beleive the 2 gang unit rated 0-120 vac 100 amps could be connected in
series to get 0-240 vac 100 amps.

I am not sure if this is a good deal.  R&D Electronics has a variable
tranformer on page 19 for $195.00  Its a 2 gang rated 0-240/280 vac 22 amps
plus shipping.

If anyone is interested in any of this stuff let me know.  You can deal
direct with the guy that has this stuff call 1-615-893-0542. Ask for Russell
or Tom.

Gary Weaver