[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Tube watts & volts

Grayson
Max plate voltage is normally given in DC and for an 811A that is 1500v.
However, it is possible to use self rectification with AC on the plate and
obviously peak to peak would be the safe limit. But I wouldn't worry
if you exceed this somewhat (how much is somewhat? ..experiment until
you destroy the tube). Plate current on an 811A is 175ma, thus they are often
put in parallel to handle more current.

I have one coil that uses 3 X 811A at 1300v -at- 500ma that produces a
beautiful 8 to 10 inch corona. These are cheap, good triodes great for
a first tube project or experimental work that can be abstracted to bigger
projects.
John

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Computer Science and Mathematics
Aurora University, Aurora IL 60506