[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: 60 Hz Resonant Circuit?!?!

If you find that you can't tune your primary with your cap, then you need a
new primary with more turns.  Sorry, no magic answer.

As to what size your cap should be, that's a very interesting question
without a simple answer.  The convention wisdom has been to size it to be
mains-resonant with your NST secondary, and there's no question that this
will work.  I recently discovered that I get significantly better results
with twice the cap value for mains resonance.  By all means, try the .01uF
cap.  In addition to not needing a new primary, you also may be pleasantly
surprised with the results!

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA