[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid Capacitance vs. Frequency

Hi Yuri,

	I have a computer program that will calculate the resonant frequency given
the dimensions of your coil.  It is at:

	www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/e-tesla3.zip

You can see how different top terminals affect the frequency.  There is a
text file that tells how the program works.  In general, the larger the
terminal the lower the frequency.  I am not a fan of the 1/4 wavelength
theory and there are some papers below you may be interested in.

	www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/modact/modact.html
	www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/topsync/topsync.html

There are also some great formulas and general info about coil design at:

	www.home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/

Cheers,

	Terry