[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC Capacitor Power Calculations

Terry, all!

Hey, that was nice, I was just about to ask you, how to calculate RMS
current...

I arrive at 6.97 degrees, with 300 BPS.
I can see now, why it is *bad* to get smaller than standard housed
capasitors:
The standard 22 nF /1600 VDC 376 cap is 27,5 mm leadbase, but mine which
came out of a special cased order for another company, is 22,5 mm
spaced. So otherwise the temp rize could have been only 4,16 degrees,
earning an "excellent" in reliability.

But I don`t think my cap rises that much in real life tesling, will
measure it this weekend.

I don`t worry, couse I think that electrical things that don`t blow up
within the first minute, or so, will probably last forever :-)

Thank you for this great post!

Cheers, Finn