[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why do my caps keep blowing?

Dave,
 My caps are made from a single sheet of poly .06" thick. There are 48
plates in each cap box. The total capacitance is .026 uf. These caps
have been in service since November of 1997. They see some real abuse.
the voltage across the plates is often as high as 20 Kv. I would make
your plates a little thicker. For 12 Kv. you should run at least two
caps in series with a total plate thickness of .06 ". This should be
indestructible.

paul m