[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: rolled capacitor plate tabs

"Original Poster: "danial stocks" <diode-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I think only one tab is used in a rolled cap because it is cheap and
easy to do. There is no reason that I know of why multiple tabs could
not be used - which would serve to dec tot inductance + res of cap, and
increase its discharge capability. I think really high current discharge
caps ie max disc current >1000amps most probably do use multiple strap
connections. I have seen multiple strap connections in a pulse rated
electrolytic cap before
Dan

"

	In commercial practice "extended foil" rolled capacitors are very
common.  The foil is extended beyond the dielectric layer for its full
length, one foil at each end of the capacitor, and the connections are
welded or soldered to the extended foil.  Radical reduction in
inductance and internal resistance.

Ed