[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Low voltage sparkgaps for ignition coil driver...

SNIPP
 > But I read somewhere that less voltage than about 240 V (or
>> > something in this range) cannot cause air breakdown, no matter
>> > what is the distance. (Does someone know more about this?)

Have not read any info on it, but I have noted through experiment the
length and quality of sparking in the 7 - 50 kv range is definitely not
a linear relationship...(all these tests were done in the same spot
onthe same day so atmospheic vraibles probably had little effect.)
Dan