[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

smoke and flame

I just love reading about Sam and his "Coils of Destruction". I can't wait
for the schematics to follow. On a different note. The best way to trigger
SCR's is to bias the gate slightly negitive. Then really hit it with the
positive pulse. This is the that radar transponders do it. The negitive
bias prevents false triggering. A pulse transformer is probably your best
bet. But I'm sure that just a plain old transistor could get the job done.
    Finish up on the prelims, Sam and let's see that schematic.

                    Happy coilin'

                            James