[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Pole Pig user

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: NickandSim-at-aol-dot-com
>
> To All,
>           i would love to know that too.  In Britain a single house
supply is
> only rated at 20 kW (80A -at-240v).

    Acutally it varies from 60A to 120A

>  So I can only presume if you want to run
> above that you will need to put in an industrial supply (costs $$$).  An you
> can't just run above that and hope the cable can take it as there is a
master
> fuse, 80A, which is sealed by the electricity company that would blow.

    You can typically expect to get 120% from a fuse before it blows, more
if the
run time is very short, and as for the seals, it is easy to open and then
re-seal
them.

--
*Stephen Rodway     Legion-at-Bigfoot-dot-com * Support your local *
*Tel. 01761 300615                     *     coroner....    *