[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Active Regulation of DC Resonant Chargers

1/13/99

I called Ross Engineering and inquired about their HV dividers.  They make
a 15 and 30 kV divider applicable to our specifications.  Mr. Ross
recommended a 30 kV divider if rectifying a 14.4 kV pig.  He does not
recommend a wideband or compensated divider for DC or 60 Hz.  The dividers
are fixed at the buyers requirement, example 1000:1.  They have very high
input impedance, usually 300 megaohms.  So, divider output current is very
low.

Price for the 30 kV DC HV divider? --------   $900.00.

No doubt an accurate HV divider can be built using HV, high wattage,
precision resistors like those Victoreen resistors, the likes of which R.
Hull is so fond.

RWW