[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Harmonics

Russell,

both coils should be tuned to the same frequency.  You'll know when
it's right because you'll get the longest output sparks.  For certain types
of research work, the coils are tuned to harmonics to obtain a higher
absolute voltage, but overall efficiency is lower, and the sparks will be
shorter, since spark lengths depend on both voltage and power.

Safe coiling,      John Freau

<<