[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wire gauge calc?

>Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>David,
>
>Here's a post from Alfred replying to Antonio on 4/29/98 (one I
>held onto):
>Bart

Thanks to everyone who posted appropriate equations!

>an equation to calculate the wire
>gauge given the wire diameter, thereby eliminating the need to
>include the
>values in a large data statement area.

This is why I wanted the equation, I dislike having to use
lookup tables, and with something like wire gauge, which
doesn't need to be (and would be highly impractical to
attain) perfectly accurate, an equation is a good solution,
even if it doesn't match established numbers at the 15th
decimal place.

Thanks!
DK