[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: 1/4 wavelength

Mark,
(comments below)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "markjons" <markjons-at-bright-dot-net>

<snip>

> According to a different web page I found, the length of wire in a secondary
> should equal the 1/4 wavelength.  what gives? Am I missing something here?
> any info much appreciated.  markjons-at-bright-dot-net

No, it is not necessary for a coil to be wound to a 1/4 wavelength design.
There has been a lot of discussion by list members regarding this topic last
year. The discussions were the result of experiments regarding top and bottom
currents in the secondary which Terry Fritz performed and submitted to the
list. I would suggest reading Terry's writeup on this.
 http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/topsync/topsync.html

The experiments were duplicated and results verified.

Hope this helps,
Bart