[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Questions for the simulators.

In a message dated 1/2/99 11:48:53 PM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>   Another possibility would be a secondary that transitioned from a flat
>  spiral to a cylinder. A highly coupled coil could be made without the
>  breakdown risks of a cylindrical secondary inside a conical or helical
>  primary. This arrangement would be like a hybridized pulse transformer and
>  resonator.
>

>  Food for thought,
>
>  Eddie Burwell

Eddie,
    I have been searching for a suitablle former for building such a
secondary.  I believe it would make for a very interesting coil.  I would bet
that it would be a great performer too.  Even if it didn't perform as well as
the more conventional type, it would certainly look very cool.    If you
happen to find out where such a form might be had, please let me know.
Mike