[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid Design .

to: John

If you are referring to the drive belt between the lower spray pulley and
the motor --- none if at all.  We use 1/2 hp drive motors on our systems
and have never noticed this effect.  When I see Dr. Herb this summer I was
ask him if this has affected his Pelletrons.  It may only show up in
smaller machines driven with small fractional HP motors.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Toroid Design .
> Date: Thursday, December 31, 1998 6:43 PM
>
> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>

>   DC -
>
>   I was referring to the belt motor. Does the belt motor slow down as the
> voltage increases on the terminal?
>
>   John Couture
>
> -------------------------------
>
> At 08:56 AM 12/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >Original Poster: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
> >
> >to: John
> >
> >The pelletron type Van de Graaffs built by National Electrostatics
function
> >as excellent HV DC motors when the units are turned off.  They will run
for
> >over 60 seconds on the stored charged.

> >> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> >> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >> Subject: Re: Toroid Design .
> >> Date: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 12:03 PM
> >>
> >> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
> >>

> >>   Ed -
> >>
> >>   Isn't the  charge zero on the inside of the upper terminal during
VDG