[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: best dielectric?

>Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:57:16 -0700
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: best dielectric?
>From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
>Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>=20

 Reinhard et all,

     A while back someone puplished a list of "recycler codes"
found on disposable bottles and containers.  If there is a "2"
inside the triange,-it's HDPE. The good news is that many milk,
food, laundry detergent, and automotive fluid comtainers are
HDPE.

     I'm sure that those one quart (liter in your case) motor
oil bottles would make a great sub for beer bottle caps.
A preliminary test showed that a Quart HDPE bottle yeilded 1.7nf.
My next test will be on an antifreeze (gallon) when I find one.

The large flat surface area is also advantageous if they are placed
side by side in a plastic tub or fish tank. Seems to me that there
would be more inter element activity than with cylindrical shapes.
In other words, more capacitor per unit volume. This design is
simple, cheap and RF friendly. If you nuke a bottle, just pull it
out, and pop a new one in, Voila!

What do ya think???
Jim McVey