[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Elementary Lecture

> Original Poster: Brandywine <brandywine-at-writeme-dot-com>
>
>    No No No. Obviously sparks emanate from the point of highest potential.
> But why
> do they leap into thin air? No other device that I know of will fo this
> except a
> Tesla Coil. Somebody will say Oudin Coil . OK, TC and it's relatives?

One of the characteristics of a TC is the relatively sudden elevation
of the top to a high voltage. Even if there is no terminating
capacitance, a lot of energy can reside in the secondary and reach
the secondary rather suddenly. One does get coronas from
electrostatic machines but the energy on tap is rather limited.

?
Malcolm
<snip>