[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tube identificaion help (833)

Hello, I know there are several folks on this list who have used 833
transmitter tubes in Tube coils. I have two 833's that came from a local
radio station, and on the boxes they had marked "833-A", but these tubes
have a thick plate, aprox 1/4". The plate is unlike the standard
"sheet-metal" variety, it is a light grey-silver, almost like pewter in
color and is somewhat rough on the surface, with close inspection. The
overall construction quality is significantly superior to the Amprex 833A I
have. The light grey color of the plates seems to light in color for
graphite, but these tubes do run very cool in comparison to the Amprex. No
markings on the envelope, but there is a serial number on the ceramic
insulator at the base of the plate.

Any Ideas guys?

I understand that there is a 833-A, 833-C and a 833-D, what are the
characteristics of these? I have the data-sheets on the 833-A, but cannot
find any info on the other varieties. Appreciate any help!

Regards,

David Trimmell