[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Simple Questions

Hi John,

>I have, over perhaps the last two weeks, extensively researched the
>topic of how to build a Tesla Coil. I mostly understand it - I feel that
>I could build one now if given all the supplies - but I am confused by
>constantly condridicting information. I have a few questions that I
>would like cleared up.
>
>1. Apart from the bottom end of the secondary coil, what should I ground
>for maximum safety?
>
>2. If I am using a 7kV neon sign transformer for power (I do not yet
>know the amperage), what sort of capaciter do I need? Will a Leydan jar
>do?
>
>3. I am planning to use a flat primary coil with 0.38 - 0.5 inch
>spacing. How tall should the secondary be, in comparison to this?

First thing, let me save you so many major headaches, I truely mean this.
Before you do anything else, go to www.pupman-dot-com/howto/MATH.TXT this site
is by far the most valuable info I found.  PRINT IT, READ IT, SAVE IT!  This
is the beginners bible.  It's only ten pages but I guarantee you that it
will be your most valuable ten pages in your entire library.

Kent