[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Ed=B4s_Amps._My_choice_of_words_(:o((?=

Hello all,

After re-reading my email, I found I had used a bad choice of
words in the following sentence:

"Another reason for the temp rise in my tuning coil might lie
in the fact that it is made out of hard steel brake line (iron is
a worse conductor than copper and it will experience magnetic
field problems as well)."

The words "magnetic field problems" sound stupid (and very
vague). What I meant to say was the material (iron) might get
hotter than copper because of the magneticly induced currents
and the higher losses involved (using iron instead of copper
for the tuning coil).

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard