[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

T-minus 4 days and we're getting closer...

Hello everyone!

Well here's where at:

This one SW test cap we made looks as though the capacitance will work.  I
miscalculated the fromula and it lookes like each one will be in the
.0014119 uF range (+/-).  So that's good. We're trying for a total
capacitance of .058 uF so I'm guestimating we need sixteen of this little
critters.  When calculating the voltage rating for a cap what's a good
multiplier to use for the output for your transformer?

I'm figuring on 40KV with a 10KV transformer, am I safe?  I'm planning on
four parallel strings of four in a series.  The estimated puncture voltage
for the thickness of the glass is 10KV.

Anyway, we're making SW caps tonight. HEE HEE HA HA HO HO!

Still keeping you posted and looking for answers,

Kent