[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help...I'm having a lot of problems here...

>     2    I currently have a 3 gap air gap.  Is this acceptable or should
> there be more/less gaps and what exactly is the benefit of more/less
gaps?

make sure that you have air blowing through the gap. A small muffin fan
(from discarded PC power supply, perhaps), hair dryer, vacuum cleaner,
anything. It helps cool the gap, and also makes it quench better. Doesn't
need to be much flow, but on my 3 pipe gap, it makes a world of difference.

>     3    Do I have enough transformer for my secondary?

More is always better.. Once you get a really big transformer, then, you'll
need a bigger capacitor.. You'll get a bigger capacitor, then, you'll need
a bigger secondary, which will need a bigger topload, which will need a
better spark gap, which will then need a bigger transformer,... You'll also
need a bigger place to run it, more power, and so forth... Of such
incremental changes are big coils made...