[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 10K 100 watt Rheostat

Dave,

When I was building my tube coil (two 250TH tubes),
I got a bunch of mixed value 50W fixed resistors and used
them in pairs until I found the optimal grid current.

Looking back, it would have been nice to have a
variable 100W to quicken the experimentation time.

To save money, try finding the resistance value with a lower
wattage variable resistor (before you burn it out) and replace
it with a fixed, higher wattage resistor when done.

And yes, John Freau is a tremendous guy and was a lot of
help to me too.