[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Another source of caps

Listees,

I found another source for HV pulse duty caps which may have utility in
tube and spark gap TCs.  I just got a new catalog from Hosfelt Electronics,
2700 Sunset Blvd, Steubenville, OH 43952-1158.  Order phone number is
800-524-6464.  They carry two high voltage DC snubber metallized
polypropylene capacitors made by GE.  They are designed for AC inverters,
UPS and other power conditioners.  Catalog number 15-975 is .1 uF at 3000
VDC for $1.99, and 15-979 is .33 uF at 2000 VDC for $1.75.  These are both
quantity one prices - they don't list quantity 10 or 100 prices for them,
but perhaps quantity prices could be negotiated.

I imagine these caps are conservatively rated, and could withstand maybe up
to 50% higher than rated voltages.  So, stringing 20 of the .33s in series
to get .0165 uF at 40 KV DC cap would cost $35, which is not bad.  If
anyone orders some and gives them the acid test in a TC primary, please let
the list know how they performed.

--Steve