[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Induced Currents?

In a message dated 2/15/99 1:23:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:
               --snip--

>  Tomorrow night if given the chance, I will connect one
>  end of the bulb to ground (dirt/snow) directly above the
>  buried copper ground rods. This will be a good 30 feet
>  or more away from the coil. It will be really
>  interesting to see if the bulb lights up out side (coils
>  in the garage).
>
>  Bart

Bart,

I bet it does light up.  I think it is common to be able to draw sparks off
the ground rod (with a screwdriver for example)  when the coil is running.  In
spite of having a good ground and of course longer sparks for higher powered
coils.

Ed Sonderman