[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tcoils/ free energy. Yes a coil CAN power something.

Hello John, Martin, all

>Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

>Sorry Reinhard, but your uderstanding of what Tesla had in mind for his
>world electric system is not correct. Tesla was an engineer and knew
very
>well that Hertz's waves could not be used for powering electrical
motors,
>lighting, etc. only for communication. Only currents can be used to
transmit
>large amounts of electrical energy without excessive transmitting
losses.

>Electric energy can only be transmitted in two ways, by currents or by
>electromagnetic radiation (Hertzian waves). It is important for coilers
>know the differences between these two electrical transmission methods.
>Tesla tried very hard to make the electrical people of his day
understand
>these two methods. Even today, there is confusion over what these two
>systems can do. The Tesla coil has the capability of transmitting
magawatts
>of power at ultra high voltages using the ionosphere as the current
>conductor with very low transmitting losses. This cannot be done with
>electromagnetic radiation.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

I wrote:
>>The way I understand the free energy theme (not saying it is possible
or
>>not) is that Tesla was saying you could tap the ionosphere and use
this
>>energy to power anything imaginable. There are rumours (?!?) that
Tesla
>>built a car which used this "free energy". It had a top speed of
100mph.
>>No one has been able to reconstruct this device or the car. I do not
know
>>where the original went to (or if it ever really exsisted).

This is what I have READ. I cannot say if this even holds a grit
of truth or not. As far as I understood this, it had absolutely nothing
to do with Tesla coils. Tesla (well, let me say the authorīs
interpretations) was thinking of using energy already present in the
ionosphere to power devices.  However, I never said this was
practical or even possible.

I also wrote:
>>The other idea Mike mentioned (powering something via a Tesla Coil)
DOES
>>INDEED WORK. I have tried this myself. Using a 200W OBIT powered TC I
was
>>able to light a 25W 220V bulb to almost full brilliance. One wire from
the
>>bulb was connected to ground and the other was simply a 12" long piece
of
>>wire in free air (my "reciever"). The distance from the coil to the
antenna was
>> about a foot. ................"

AND THEN I wrote
>>In my case 200W in and 25W out is, of course, highly inefficient."

So, it is very clear, it is not possible to EFFICIENTLY power something
with a Tesla coil, but for simple (electrically speaking) things (a
light bulb) it DOES work. Trying to power an RF sensitive device
(like a PC for example) would be a unrealistic task and doomed
from the beginning.

Sorry for any confusion and I hope my statement is a little clearer now.

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard