[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnifiers: how to?

I am reading the "Colorado Springs Notes" and getting more understanding
about how a magnifier should be constructed. Still I would like to ask the
list:

- is there anybody who can tell me the resonance constraints between
primary, secondary and "extra" coil? (I mean something like L1*C1=L2*C2 for
the usual TC).

- In practice, how primary and secondary should be built to achieve the
high coupling coefficient needed? Wound on the same support, one on the
other or how?

- I have been told time ago that, for the same power, a magnifier will
develop almost the same voltage than a 2 coil TC. But let's put it this
way: if I build a magnifier almost same size of a 2 coil TC, will I be able
to pump it with more power and, therefore, develop a higher voltage?
At least Tesla writes about the benefit of having the "extra" coil
impedance not seen at the primary for it is not magnetically coupled with
it.