[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

sparks

Hi All.

I've been breaking in my new rolled poly caps - thanks for all the
advice about mineral oil.

My question is this: I've read many previous posts about people getting
50"-60" sparks and more from a 6" secondary. The most I've been able to
obtain is about 36"-40" my specs are below:

15K/60 ma NST
16 turns of 1/4" copper primary spaced 3/8"
6.5" X 28" secondary wrapped with 20awg
4" X 20" toroid
3 rolled poly caps in series = .01 uF
RQ design circular static gap -6"pvc/1-1/4"copper tubes with muffin fan

Did I blow it using 20awg? Is there something I can do to improve spark
length? Or is this the best I can expect from 60ma? Any suggestions from
the more skilled coilers out there is appreciated.

Bob V